Thursday 15 August 2013

Cross Country

Last Friday was our school cross country event, held at the Allan Grange Golf Course. It was great to see all the Kanuka children trying to be the best they could be. Here are some photos from the day. Thank you to Miss McCulloch - our star photographer. 

All packed up and ready to walk down to the golf course. 
Some of us are feeling nervous!











Well done Kanuka - Miss Grant was incredibly proud of you all!! 

Below are stories from some of the Kanuka children about the cross country race. 

At the cross country I ran to Miss Grant. I felt puffed and I was sad because somebody passed me. 
Aniska

I was running so fast. I wanted to stop. “Keep on running,” said Mum. Then after the race I was tired. 
Savana


I feel a bit nervous at the start but I know i’m going to get to the finish line. Finally I am at the hay bale. It’s not long until we get to the finish line. Still it is a wee while to go. I can’t wait. Now I can hear my Mum cheering for me. 
Penny

Wow! I won the race. Chantal was right behind me but I won the race! I am fast and Chantal is fast too. I was puffed. It was fun. 

“Keep running,” shouted my Mum. I’m just about at the finish line. I’m saying in my head, “keep running, keep running.” I can hear people cheering for me. While I was running I passed a few people. 
Gemma

“Keep going,” shouted Dad. He was on the side of the hay bale. I kept running. Yah! I passed someone. Finally we are almost at the end. Bong! I jumped over the bail. I am so puffed that I almost stopped. My legs are so tired but yah! It’s finished.
Heather

At the finish line are kids cheering for the runners. Addi was the first kid in my race. I was second in my race. 
Chantal 

Guess what? I came fifth. After I past Mrs Hunter I just fell down because I was super puffed. 
Ben

I did not know how big the tack was. I was really puffed at the end. I got confused at the end. 
Henry

Last week on Friday we had the cross country race. I leaped over the bale and tried to get passed Wyatt but I couldn’t. When I crossed the finish line I was happy. 
Harry

Zoom. We raced down the track, everyone cheered and I got faster. I was exhausted. Wow! I came 5th. 
Jayden

Last Friday we had cross country. We started. At the end of the race I had to jump a hay bale everyone was cheering for me. Then I finished I came first. Mrs Hunter crossed me off. I was nervous at the end because everybody was cheering for me. 
Wyatt

At the cross country I ran to the hay bales. I jumped over them and I ran fast to the finish line. I was happy. 
Madi. O

I was huffing and puffing. Madi was behind me. I heard my Mum cheering, it made me go faster. Wow! I came first. I was so proud of myself that ... Mum brought chocolate. I gobbled it up. Mum gave me my water. I drank all of that. 
Georgia


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Lots of fantastic photos Kanuka and cool stories!! I like the way you have worked really hard to describe what it was like for you running the cross country!
    Miss Ward :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stories and the photos are great! Great job at the cross country Kanuka!
    The McInnes family. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great effort Kanuka. Your photos are wonderful. I loved reading your stories.
    Mrs Ward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kanuka. I loved reading your stories and what great pictures. Mrs Ward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and great effort Kanuka class! Madi F's Mum

    ReplyDelete