Thursday 12 September 2013

What's so cool about heat?


 Our inquiry topic this term has been 'What's so cool about heat?' 
As one of our experiments we made chocolate smores in the microwave and watched what happened to the marshmallow when it was 
heated ...

Here is what we found ...



 It went up and down and it popped and made a loud noise. It exploded. - Aniska

It exploded in the heat and then it went down. - Madi. O

When we took the smore out of the microwave all the cool air came in. -Olivia

When we put the smores in the microwave they exploded because the heat was toasting. The microwave had to go for 10 seconds. - Jake

When it was in the microwave the smore got very big. When it stops the smore got small again. - Chantal
When we made smores we put them in the microwave. It exploded, all the marshmallow went on the plate. - Madi. F

When i saw my marshmallow it was exploded. The chocolate was coming out. It tasted delicious. It exploded because it was so hot. - Henry 




 Bang! The marshmallow exploded because of the heat. - Ben

We put the marshmallow into the microwave. - Cosine






When I put the smore in the microwave it went up, up, up and then it exploded. - Gemma 

When I put the marshmallow in the microwave it got really really hot. It tasted like milo. It got bigger - yes it did. Until it got too big. - Wyatt

The marshmallow exploded in the microwave. It was big and squishy. It was absolutely sticky when I ate it. - Penny

 The marshmallow was melting because the heat was making it too warm. When Miss Grant put them in the microwave they melted. - Ollie

It exploded. When it came out it was hot. It was yum. - Savana

When I made my smore I put it in the microwave. The marshmallow got fat because the heat made it fat. - Sam

 When the smores were in the microwave they bursted because it was warm. It was yum, yum, yummy! - Jayden

It blew up in the microwave. It was over cooked in there. - Lucy

When the smores went up they looked like a volcano. -

It went up and down and it popped and made a loud noise. I held my ears it was that loud. It blew up because it was hot. - Georgia

I put marshmallow in the microwave for 10 seconds. It expanded until ... it exploded because it got too hot. - Tarquin 



When I put the marshmallow in the microwave to make smores Miss Grant turned on the microwave for 10 seconds. Then the smore almost exploded with the heat. - Heather 



When I put my smore in the microwave my marshmallow exploded. Boom! My marshmallow shrunk. Then I could eat it. Yum! - Harry





We had lots of fun making smores! Look out for our fantastic instructions on how to make smores at your own place.. coming soon!  





1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm yummy. We had to have a go at making them in our house. We can see why they are called 'smores'. (O'Connell family)

    ReplyDelete